BAKE-A-BOO JAKARTA

I first heard about Bake-a-Boo when my dear friends: Andrew Yaputra, and Cindy Lulaby from Lulabyspoon often posted about their Iced Chocolate on their Instagram Stories so I got a bit curious and just last week I finally had my first encounter with this highly raved and talked about bakery, FYI they have two small outlets in Muara Karang and Menteng (soon in Serpong) but I won't be sharing about my experience visiting their outlets and will focus more on their products (and in no way this blog post is an ad).

One morning I woke up to a huge package from Bake-a-Boo and when I opened the box basically everything you're seeing on the first picture above: a package filled with their best selling drinks (Kopi Susu, Kopi Susu Baileys, Es Coklat, Es Coklat Baileys) along with the snacks and light bites like Breads (Pisang Coklat, Baso Ayam, Smoked Beef & Cheese, Coklat, Cheese), Risoles (mayo and ragout), assorted Donat Kampung Kentang (Original, Chocolate Mesis, Cheese), Nastar and Lidah Kucing.
I didn't have much time that morning so I quickly took shots of the whole products as spread and only managed to sample all their drinks, their donuts and risoles, didn't touch the breads, nastar and lidah kucing, but I have to say that I was very impressed with the quality of their donuts to start with, they're freshly made daily hence that fluffy uber moist consistency, just very 'empuk' as how Indonesians would describe! My favorite was the original Donat Kampung Kentang with powdered sugar dressing! Their Risoles are also very good, I like the Smoked Beef Mayo one better compared to the Ragout, exactly like the jajanan pasar type, but slightly elevated...and larger!

Pricing: Donat Gula (IDR 8k), Donat Mocha Mesis (IDR 9k), Donat Keju (IDR 10k) - assorted breads (IDR 13k/each), Risoles (IDR 13k), Nastar (IDR 155k/box), Lidah Kucing (IDR 145k/box)
Es Kopi Susu (IDR 19k), Es Kopi Susu Baileys (IDR 34k), Es Coklat (IDR 23k), Es Coklat Baileys (IDR 38k)

As for the drinks, I find both their Es Kopi Susu pretty milky and I expected (and prefer) the more coffee ones, but on the other hand their 'Es Coklat Baileys' was super good! I like the smoother type of ice chocolate and they did a good job in delivering that (especially for my palate), just a little tad too sweet for my liking but other than that everything's pretty spot on: rich chocolate flavor, non malty texture, and of course Bailey's infused.

OMG when I posted this on my Instagram I have been getting countless tags from you guys sent thru Instagram posts and DMs, maybe I should start the #keracunaneatandtreats hashtag, and most of you gave positive responses (even though one or two weren't so fond of their products but that's okay), it's all about preference tho.

I heard the products are sold out easily lately so do contact them on their Instagram to make sure of the availability.
Bake-A-Boo
-
Jalan Muara Karang Barat No. 36
Pluit, Penjaringan
Jakarta Utara 14450
Opening hours: 9 AM-10 PM

Jalan HOS Cokroaminoto No. 91 A
Menteng
Jakarta Pusat 10310
Opening hours: 9 AM-10 PM


FIND ME HERE
SNAPCHAT: STANISLAUSHANS

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »